I stumbled upon this post the other day and it is worth reposting.
This country is under attack by right-wing religious zealots who use their fear, hatred, and the Bible as their Constitution and as their moral guide. Guess what? They expect the rest of the country to do the same. Once again, the group under attack are homosexuals, and the zealots are using the book of Leviticus as a guide to how we as society should ‘deal’ with homosexuals. “Hey, it’s the word of God, we can’t go against Him!”
Oh really now? So, my question is, what about the rest of Leviticus? How can these hard-core, devout Christians who allegedly live and breathe by the Bible, only choose the parts of the Bible that suits their lame ‘arguments’? This is one of the finest examples of hypocrisy around.
Take a gander at this post and at the rest of the blog. I’m still exploring it but so far, it’s chock-full of interesting stuff.
The separation of Church and State is lost on some folks unless it’s the separation of Mosque and State, or Temple and State.
Thanks to The Tumblr Atheist
Here’s chapter and verse on a more-or-less comprehensive list of things banned in the Leviticus book of the bible. A decent number of them are punishable by death.
1. Burning any yeast or honey in offerings to God (2:11)
2. Failing to include salt in offerings to God (2:13)
3. Eating fat (3:17)
4. Eating blood (3:17)
5. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1)
6. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1)
7. Touching an unclean animal (5:2)
8. Carelessly making an oath (5:4)
9. Deceiving a neighbour about something trusted to them (6:2)
10. Finding lost property and lying about it (6:3)
11. Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1)
12. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)
13. Tearing your clothes (10:6)
14. Drinking alcohol in holy places (10:9)
15. Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud…
View original post 705 more words