Winter’s here in Chicago, and in Texas too. Texans are getting nailed with that cold, white stuff from the heavens above. I have a feeling God is trying to tell those in charge in Texas to stop being such dooooshes when it comes to women, minorities, gun laws, voting rights, global warming, public education..sheesh..I could go on and on about what’s the matter with Texas. But I won’t.
Instead, here’s what I have in the hopper for y’all.
1) I had to go to the Miami Herald to learn what day it is in Illinois. You know..the state where I hail from and currently reside.
Gov. declares ‘Mike Ditka Day,’ honors ‘Da Coach’
Even if you aren’t a football fan, you should know who he is. Yes, really.
“Gov. Pat Quinn’s office says Monday that he’s declared it “Mike Ditka Day” in honor of the former Chicago Bears player and football coach whose jersey is being retired.
The Hall of Famer’s No. 89 is being retired during a halftime ceremony Monday night when the Bears host the Dallas Cowboys.
Dikta is the 14th Bear to have his number retired by the team.
In a statement, Quinn calls Ditka “the best tight end of all time.” And he says “Da Coach” “molded and guided arguably the best football team,” referring to the 1985 Super Bowl champs.
Ditka was drafted by the Bears in 1961 and played for the team through 1966. He returned to coach from 1982 until 1992.”
Gotta hand it to the AP (and the MH for printing it) for writing perhaps the dullest tome ever.
This compilation is so much more fun.
He may be an asshole, but he’s OUR asshole. On a side note, I’m still pissed at him for not letting Sweetness score a TD in the Superbowl. Grrr.
But, he kinda makes for it here.
Love how he calls him “Waldur.”
2) Sometimes I wonder about people. I really do. How fucking stupid do you have to be to NOT NOTICE A MAN ASLEEP ON AN EMPTY AIRPLANE? (via FirstCoastNews.com)
What I alluded to earlier …
“I said, ‘Don’t put the blame on me. I didn’t do anything wrong here.’ And then they were, like, try to hush-hush, keep it quiet. And they gave me this little package here in a motel room.”
United Express is investigating how this could this happen. Once in Houston, no one bothered to wake up Wagner — not a passenger, flight attendant or pilot. So, he slept.
“They didn’t sweep the plane,” Wagner said. “I mean, who shut the door?”
United Airlines, or whatever the name is these days, is one of the many reasons why we can’t have nice things.
3) I could go on and on about Nelson Mandela, and how he was (and always will be) so important to the future of the human race, but I won’t. So much has been said about him that my words would pale in comparison. However, I will say this: I can’t imagine a world without Mandela. I’ve never known another type of world.
4) This doesn’t suck. Now, if ESPN could get rid of the smarmy on-air talent. Hmm..come to think of it, that could be disastrous since all of their anchors/reporters, etc. are all about the smarm. This begs the question–why are most sports reporters so fucking smarmy? Anyone know?
5) Move over post-partum depression, here comes post-nuptial depression.
Jordan Graham Trial: Did Her Wedding Blues Lead to Murder?
To recap..Jordan Graham has been accused of murdering her new hubby on their honeymoon. She allegedly blindfolded him then pushed him off a Glacier National Park cliff back in July. After the incident, she displayed a bunch of strange behavior which caught the attention of law enforcement.